Two all-day Private Pesticide Applicator Training sessions have been scheduled for Sauk County. These training sessions will be held on Wednesday, February 5 and Friday, March 13, 2020. Each session will including training followed by testing in the afternoon. A test only date is scheduled for Tuesday evening, March 24, 2020. You must register ahead of test dates at the Extension Sauk County office for all testing sessions. If there is no one registered, trainings will be canceled. All sessions are at the West Square Building in Baraboo, 505 Broadway, Baraboo, WI, 53913.
The training sessions will begin with sign-in and coffee at 9:00 AM followed by the training at 9:30 am. Light snacks are provided but lunch is on your own. Testing will commence around 1:00 or 1:30 PM. You should be done with the test no later than 4:30 PM. If you would like to use a calculator during the exam, please bring your own; cell phone and tablets will not be allowed.
To be certified to use restricted-use pesticides you must:
- Purchase a PAT Training Manual at the Extension office seven (7) days before your exam date. In order to be certified, applicators must have the most current 2018 PAT book. You also need to register for the session by calling 608-355-3250 or when you purchase your manual.
- The total cost of the training manual and exam is $30. Checks or cash only. Checks should be made out to Sauk County Extension.
- Attend a one-day training session and take the open-book exam that day. If you attend the training session, you need 50% correct to pass.
- Or, do a self-study of the materials and take an open-book exam on March 24, 6:00 – 8:00 pm. A 70% score is required to pass the self-study exam.
At the time of the exam, you MUST provide the following:
- A valid driver’s license or other photo ID and
- Your Social Security Number
If you cannot provide the proper identification listed above, you will not be allowed to take the exam (DATCP Rules). However, you may attend the training.
If you have any questions about pesticide applicator training or want to register for a session, please give us a call at the Extension Sauk County Office at 608-355-3250. If you are unable to attend the dates above, we can help direct you to other training sessions in the area. Contact our office for more information. Recertification letters will be sent in the first week of December. If you are unsure if you are up for recertification, please contact DATCP at 608-224-4500.