Encouraging Financial Conversations
Encouraging Financial Conversations is a program designed for case managers, social workers, and other frontline staff to help empower clients to achieve their financial goals and manage their money. Participants will learn techniques and strategies to help their clients create a financial goals action plan, build and maintain good credit, pay off debts, develop a spending and savings plan, and protect themselves from fraud and identity theft. Participants will also learn coaching strategies that capitalize on a client’s strengths and resources in coming up with solutions.
- Current EFC Sessions: TBD
Rent Smart is designed for people with little or no rental experience or those that have had difficulty obtaining rental housing.
What you will learn:
– Planning for and meeting monthly expenses
– Tips for finding and maintaining affordable housing
– How to complete an application and why landlords screen applicants
– Strategies for building positive relationships with landlords and neighbors
– Responsibilities and rights of landlords and tenants
Modules are also available as 1) self-paced, 2) self-paced with financial coaching, and through Rent Smart teams’ live virtual sessions. If you wish to take advantage of the financial coaching support please contact an educator.
Current Sessions: For the live, virtual Rent Smart sessions, register here: https://go.wisc.edu/Rentsmartregister
Mindful Money Moments Facebook
Check out financial tips at the Mindful Money Moments Facebook page:
Managing Your Personal Finances in Tough Times
This website is designed to share trusted resources used or developed by Wisconsin Extension Financial Education professionals. It is designed to help people make sound financial choices in tough times. All materials are free for personal use.
UW Madison, Division of Extension has financial educators who can help you find resources and come up with a personal plan.
Find contact information for a Extension financial educator by clicking on this link. You can also contact Extension Sauk County to talk with our local financial educator or get connected to resource.
Money matters is a program designed to improve your financial habits. Through this course, you will gain money management skills and build knowledge you can share with your family and friends. The course is offered both online and through county offices.
It comprises of a series of ten modules including:
- Your Financial Strengths
- Explore Credit Scores and Credit Reports
- When You Can’t Pay Your Bills
- Making a Spending Plan
- Staying Organized
- Retirement Planning Basics
- Health Insurance Options for Wi
- How Health Insurance Works
- How to Save Money Using Health Insurance
- Managing Student Loans; May 12th Recording – https://youtu.be/h3jKqtHy4FM Resource List: Managing Your Student Loan Resource Links
*After finishing the course through the online modules, you can receive a certificate of completion if you meet the requirements.
Modules are also available as self-paced and self-paced with financial coaching; if you wish to take advantage of the financial coaching support please contact a local educator.