Nutrition Education

Sauk County – UW Extension
West Square Building
505 Broadway
Baraboo, WI 53913-2404
Phone: 608-355-3552
Fax: 608-355-3550

FoodWIse can help participants learn how to:

  • Choose and prepare healthful meals and snacks based on the Dietary Guidelines for Americans and MyPlate
  • Keep food safe to eat
  • Develop a spending and savings plan so food dollars will last through the month
  • Make the healthy choice the easy choice.

FoodWIse partners with community agencies to provide free education to families or individuals who receive or are eligible to receive Wisconsin FoodShare (food stamps).  Some places you may receive FoodWIse services in Sauk County include:

  • Low-income residential housing
  • Head Start
  • Food Pantries
  • Elementary Schools
  • WI Dells Parks and Recreation
  • Assisted living homes


Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR) state or local agencies, and their subrecipients, must post the following Nondiscrimination Statement:

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English.  Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the agency (state or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at:, from any USDA office, by calling (833) 620-1071, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to:

Food and Nutrition Service, USDA
1320 Braddock Place, Room 334
Alexandria, VA 22314; or

fax: (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or


This institution is an equal opportunity provider.

Support Extension