Home » Youth for Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
Youth for Quality Care of Animals (YQCA)
YQCA- Youth for the Quality Care of Animals
- This educational program will be required for all youth exhibitors who will keep animals on the fairgrounds during the fair to include, dairy, beef, swine, sheep, goat, horse, poultry, rabbit, and exotics. Dog and Cat do not have this requirement
- Certificates of completion are due in June, not with entry. No other educational requirements need be met.
- The link is on the Junior Fair webpage or Log into YQCA: Log in to the site (yqcaprogram.org)
- . Cost can be reimbursed when the following items are met.
- Take course, 2. Print and turn in certificate of completion 3. show a qualifying animal at the 2022 Sauk County Junior Fair
- Fill out the reimbursement form and turn in no later than July 31, 2022. Reimbursement will be on the premium check.
Families without access to a computer, internet or who this will be a financial hardship, should contact the fair office, asap.
Is YQCA required?
- For the 2022 Wisconsin State fair will require it for any Exhibitor’s showing animals at the fair.
- This certification is highly encouraged for all youth in the aforementioned animal projects in Wisconsin.
- Processing plants & marketing channels require it.
- State fair, National Junior Swine Association shows and other national shows require it.